Package: apt-xapian-index (0.53)
Links for apt-xapian-index
Download Source Package apt-xapian-index:
maintenance and search tools for a Xapian index of Debian packages
This package provides update-apt-xapian-index, a tool to maintain a Xapian index of Debian package information in /var/lib/apt-xapian-index, and axi-cache, a command line search tool that uses the index.
axi-cache allows one to search packages very quickly, and it also interfaces with the shell command line completion in a smart way, providing context-sensitive keyword and tag suggestions even before the search command is actually run.
update-apt-xapian-index allows plugins to be installed in /usr/share/apt-xapian-index to index all sorts of extra information, such as Debtags tags, popcon information, package ratings and anything else that would fit.
The index generated by update-apt-xapian-index is self-documenting, as it contains an autogenerated README file with information on the index layout and all the data that can be found in it.
Other Packages Related to apt-xapian-index
- dep: python3
- interactive high-level object-oriented language (default python3 version)
- dep: python3-apt (>= 0.7.93.2)
- Python 3 interface to libapt-pkg
- dep: python3-debian (>= 0.1.14)
- Python 3 modules to work with Debian-related data formats
- dep: python3-xapian
- Xapian search engine interface for Python3
- sug: python3-xdg
- Python 3 library to access freedesktop.org standards