Package: lsb-release (11.4)
Links for lsb-release
Download Source Package lsb:
- Homepage [wiki.linuxfoundation.org]
Linux Standard Base version reporting utility
The Linux Standard Base (http://www.linuxbase.org/) is a standard core system that third-party applications written for Linux can depend upon.
The lsb-release command is a simple tool to help identify the Linux distribution being used and its compliance with the Linux Standard Base. LSB conformance will not be reported unless the required metapackages are installed.
While it is intended for use by LSB packages, this command may also be useful for programmatically distinguishing between a pure Debian installation and derived distributions.
Packages providing lsb-release
- Linux Standard Base version reporting utility (minimal implementation)
Other Packages Related to lsb-release
- dep: distro-info-data
- information about the distributions' releases (data files)
- dep: python3
- interactive high-level object-oriented language (default python3 version)
- rec: apt
- commandline package manager